#OCTPOWRIMO: Every day for one month I’ll collect inspiration from here and write/post a poem here. You can too!
Please enjoy music while you read…
Today I have Do You Remember by a favourite artist of mine, Ane Brun.
This song inspired the following poem.
PROMPT: “Cadence Poetry“
Belongs Between Us
Do you remember
when we fought past twilight
then through till midnight
and wept beyond the day, which
made our past a putrid patch thereof,
tainting the peachy warmth of our love?
What happened, then?
We allowed fear to come between us
like a bubble of pain; screaming, crying and pushing.
When only my fingers merging with yours,
belongs between us.
Yet, when we first met
through our mutual friend,
and talked till nights end
and laughed beyond that night, and
our future seemed a pure patch of hope
igniting the peachy warmth of love.
So what happens, now?
We allow warmth return between us
like a bubble of calm; moving, humming and soothing.
Along with my future, singing with yours
our song, between us
- OctPoWriMo 2013: Seeking Poety (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- OctPoWriMo 2013: Autumn Changes (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- #OctPoWriMo 2013: A Gift (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- #OctPoWriMo 2013: The Stone That Bled (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- OctPoWriMo 2013 Day #008: A Sapphic on al Layl (sahmataineking.com)
- OctPoWriMo – Day 10 – Inspired By “Gravity” (quinnwords.wordpress.com)
- OctPoWriMo 2013 Day #009: Chanting O’er the Pork Monsters (sahmataineking.com)