Press play to listen to beautiful music while you read…
Another one from Fabrizio Paterlini: Girasoli e lavanda from Fragments Found.
#OCTPOWRIMO: Every day for one month I’ll collect inspiration from here and write/post a poem here. You can too!
This poem is an old one, but it certainly fits the prompt, which required we connected with our shadow selves.
Born a flower
Removed one by one
…night by night
…the bud remains
It cannot blossom
…embraced in shame
Inside the Ugly Duckling
…never The Swan.
No fragrance nor beauty:
The Petal-less One.
Copyright Shah Wharton (1994)
I would like to say I feel a lot less ‘dead bud’ than I used to, but our shadows are never too far away. Hugs to all of you, especially your shadows.
- OctPoWriMo 2013: Seeking Poetry (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- OctPoWriMo 2013: Autumn Changes (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- #OctPoWriMo 2013: A Gift (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- #OctPoWriMo 2013: The Stone That Bled (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- Flittering Minnions – An #OctPoWriMo Poem, Day 6 (juliejordanscott.typepad.com)
- Echo Of Drums – #OctPoWriMo Day 11 (5degreesofinspiration.wordpress.com)