#OCTPOWRIMO: Every day for one month I’ll collect inspiration from here and write/post a poem here. You can too!
Prompt: Write Bad Poetry!
Well, this one is bad and it’s bloody – well it is approaching Halloween! 🙂
There was an awful old man
who drank beer from a can
who then kicked another
at his awful drunk brother
until he stirred, then moaned
“Stop that at once, just take me home!”
So he stopped, then they shuffled to
their long suffering wives, who
spat out curses, and waited with knives
then killed them on arrival, beneath cloudy skies.
But shocked at the mess of two bloody corpses
they considered whether, after all, divorces
might, instead, have been much better
than the mess of cold blooded (husbandly) murder?
But once they had cleaned,
and reassessed all they’d schemed
they decided they’d been right
to push in all of the knife
And ran off together with all of the loot
wearing their hair short and their husbands boots
Madge and Marge now Mike and Mark
Took a flight away, somewhere very far
And were never heard of again.
- OctPoWriMo 2013: Seeking Poety (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- OctPoWriMo 2013: Autumn Changes (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- #OctPoWriMo 2013: A Gift (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- #OctPoWriMo 2013: The Stone That Bled (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- #OctPoWriMo 2013: Vintage Void Fillers (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- #OctPoWriMo 2013: Autumn Changes (sahmataineking.com)