Please enjoy music while you read…
Press play to listen to beautiful music. Today I have Stream 1 by Frozen Silence
#OCTPOWRIMO: Every day for one month I’ll collect inspiration from here and write/post a poem here. You can too!
PROMPT: “Write a love letter between two inanimate objects.
Use Rictameter form and perform it on video.“
I left this comment on today’s prompt:
My introversion stopped me doing this last year and it will do the same this year I’m afraid. I have a telephone phobia, and can only do SKYPE with my husband, for heavens sake. Video performance is never gonna happen : / The video you selected is just awesome. I must go find more of Sarah Kay! How I’m to emulate what she did hear I’ve no idea. I just hope to find time enough to do my best. 🙂 X
I will do all but the video performance, although I’ve never used Rictameter before, so here goes.
I have a plan…
I was just one
of many loves to you
to whom you offered nourishment
with whom you danced in windy embraces.
But while you held & kissed us, be-
fore we fell at your feet,
I planned for more
my plan began –
I fed your hungry roots,
till Spring brought the Sun’s prominence
when I travelled back to the beginning
with one wish in this hungry heart,
riding through trunk and vein —
to dance again,
This is a love letter from a Leaf to her Branch
(not strictly inanimate, sorry!)
- OctPoWriMo 2013: Seeking Poety (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- OctPoWriMo 2013: Autumn Changes (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- #OctPoWriMo 2013: A Gift (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- #OctPoWriMo 2013: Vintage Void Fillers (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- #OctPoWriMo 2013: The Stone That Bled (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- #OctPoWriMo 2013: A Gentle Restart. (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)