Please enjoy music while you read…
Press play to listen to beautiful music. Today I have You by Darin Sysoev
#OCTPOWRIMO: Every day for one month I’ll collect inspiration from here and write/post a poem here. You can too!
PROMPT: “Write Using one of the Rhyming Formats.“
I chose to use Diatelle format, which has a syllable pattern of 1/2/3/4/6/8/10/12/10/8/6/4/3/2/1 and a rhyme pattern of a bb c b cc a cc b c bb a.
Two lives, checkered.
my sorry life,
released my soul, fettered
once, manifold layers of strife.
Till unrest, within and without, spun rife
devoured, as we were, by historical truths.
But you carried my soul in your hands, thrice
and as we believed, I’m now your wife.
Histories are peppered
such is all life –
- OctPoWriMo 2013: Seeking Poety (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- OctPoWriMo 2013: Autumn Changes (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- #OctPoWriMo 2013: A Gift (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- #OctPoWriMo 2013: Yellow Teardrop (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- #OctPoWriMo 2013: Memories of Her #poem (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- #OctPoWriMo 2013: Hiaku ‘How To Live’ (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)