Please enjoy music while you read…
Press play to listen to beautiful music. Today I have Preludium nio by Daniel Innala Ahlmark
#OCTPOWRIMO: Every day for one month I’ll collect inspiration from here and write/post a poem here. You can too!
PROMPT: “Headlines.” (Search the news and find inspiration in the headlines) Pretty much 🙂
The Apathy Way
Our dog’s barking at the door
Outside, I see more rain falling,
many cars queued at lights, waiting
Birdsong too drowned-out, to silence
Breakfast T.V starts at six
We chew cereal, drink our tea
The News says, ‘thousands die daily’
Sighing, I search the Daily Mail.
‘Economic downfall’ headlined
Murder and rape came optional
Dire, rendered merely topical
after years, incrementally.
My I-pod plays ‘Dylan’s Greats,’
and pavements offer a clear run.
Save for vagrants beneath the sun,
in shop doorways and on benches.
Some kids play in burned out cars,
and do not care to go to school.
Fearful, head down, play it cool
I walk-on blind to lunch with friends.
Where we discuss the latest news
and feign exasperated views…
while looking at the pictures.
* I should like to point out, the ‘I’ in this isn’t supposed to be me. Although, I’m as guilty as anyone of this apathy, sometimes.
- #OctPoWriMo 2013: A Gentle Restart. (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- OctPoWriMo 2013: Autumn Changes (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)
- Hush – #OctPoWriMo Day 14 (5degreesofinspiration.wordpress.com)
- #OctPoWriMo 2013: The Stone That Bled (shahscribbles.wordpress.com)